The Ebenezer Avery-House
The Ebenezer Avery House is the site where wounded soldiers were taken after the Battle of Groton Heights on September 6, 1781.
Built in 1750, the Avery House originally stood on Thames Street. Ebenezer Avery fought at the battle, and was among the badly wounded Americans who were afforded shelter at the house after the battle.
Saturday and Sunday, noon to 4:00 pm. Open from Memorial Day Weekend to Labor Day Weekend.
For more information about the history of the house, please visit The Avery Memorial Association website.