Summer 2018 Fundraiser for the Friends of Fort Griswold
Beginning June 6, 2018 and ending with a drawing on September 6, 2018, the Friends are running a quilt raffle to raise funds to support the preservation of Historic Fort Griswold. Tickets are $5 each, and you may purchase them online below. The drawing will be held at noon on September 6, 2018 at the Monument Museum House. You do not need to be present to win. We will contact the winner to arrange delivery.
The quilt was made and donated by Carol Hessler of Groton. She used a pattern called “Flying Geese”, which is as popular today as it was in colonial times. The fabric designs are reproductions of patterns that were in use during the late 1700s and early 1800s. The colors are brown, rust, red, cream and blue. The quilt is 67″ x 80″.
How online sales work
When you purchase a raffle ticket online, we will assign a ticket number to you, and manually print your information on the ticket(s) to be added to drawing. We will collect all the same information we get on the tickets sold locally. This option gives people who are not in the area a chance to win this beautiful quilt while supporting the preservation of the fort. If you have questions, please contact us.
Local sales from the Friends
If you’re local to the Groton area, or plan to visit this summer, you will find us in a variety of places throughout the summer. We will have the quilt on display at these times. Here is a partial list of places we plan to sell tickets:
- June 9 – Groton Bank Day – Monument House Museum 10 am-4 pm
- June 20 – Clamshell Quilt Guild meeting Temple Emanu- El, Waterford 5:45 pm
- June 21 – Friends meeting – Monument House Museum 7 pm
- June 24 – Elks Club (tentative)
- July 19 – Annual Meeting of the Friends of Fort Griswold Monument House Museum 7 pm
- August 16th – Meeting of the Friends of Fort Griswold Monument House Museum 7 pm
- Sept 2 – 237the Commemoration Ceremony, Fort Griswold 6 pm
We’ll be adding more dates, so please check back. You may also purchase tickets from members of the Friends of Fort Griswold. Become a member.